Thursday, February 18, 2010

This is not a sprint... it's a marathon. Home improvement marathon.

Our home improvements are still coming along. Not as quickly as I would like them to but we are making progress. We are basically finishing our entire basement. It started out with new carpet and then we decided to patch the drywall in a few places so that also means that we will be repainting. Then, on a whim, Thayne decided that we should put new flooring in the bathroom. And, he has been updating all of the electrical too. *SIGH* Someday, all of our projects will be finished and there will be nothing left but to enjoy our house and the upgrades that we have so desperately needed. That's what I tell myself anyway.
Max loves to help with everything.



As if our home improvement projects weren't enough to keep me busy, I've also been busy with my own projects. My MIL, Kim was in town for a couple weeks and while she was here she spent some time teaching me to crochet. I've wanted to learn for as long as I can remember so I've been really excited about this new talent of mine. I'm still just doing basic stuff but I'm catching on quickly and have a lot of project ideas in mind. This is my first official crochet project to be completed. I've been wanting one of these crocheted headbands for a long time but I'm too cheap to spend $15 on one. But since my motto is "I don't buy it if I can make it for less" and now I know how to make them, I made it my first project. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was a little worried since I was making it up as I went but I couldn't be happier with how well it turned out. Thanks, Kim! You saved me $15 AND made me a very happy person!




Thayne and I also have a new niece... Chloe. She is adorable. Since I don't have a girl of my own to make cute little dresses and things for I had to jump at the opportunity to make Chloe an outfit. It turned out so cute and I am making more for my friends who have girls.
The dress is cute but the booties are my favorite.

She is so tiny and sweet. It really makes me want a little girl pretty bad.



Even though I'm starting to want a little girl pretty badly... I absolutley adore Max. He is the joy of my life and I love everything he does (even if its something he shouldn't do). When he looks at me with his cute little face I just melt. He has me wrapped around his little finger and I'm happy to be there.
Max figured out that he could climb to the top bunk with the ladder. We thought it was cute and let him do it for awhile but we got sick of having to help him get down every 2 minutes so we finally took the ladder away. Do you think that stopped him??? Of course it didn't. He climbed right up the side without any problems at all. The boy has a great future of climbing ahead of him!
We were at Aunt Jamie's house and he loved playing her piano. He sat there pounding on the keys for a good 15 minutes or so.

This boy loves water. It made his life have meaning when he discovered that he could climb into the sink and drink straight from the faucet.

I try not to give him candy too often but he is a candy freak. Sometimes I have to give in... He is just so cute with candy all over his face. This time it was licorice.

No comments:

Post a Comment