Thursday, February 25, 2010

4 Seasons

I LOVE winter. I love the holidays, the snow, and the time spent inside close to the fire and everyone I love. BUT, by the time late February comes along every year I'm ready for it to be over and to have all of the fun of Spring. Really, I LOVE all of the seasons. And that's exactly why I love living in SLC. We get all 4 seasons. I lived in Las Vegas for a year and a half and there's really only 2 seasons there. Christmas was SO depressing without snow. The first christmas I was there I didn't want to have Christmas at all. LAME. So, I really have learned from experience about just how much I love all 4 seasons. By the time I get sick of one season, the next one is close to starting. So, now I'm getting tired of winter but I'm starting to get small glimpses of Spring and it's making me happy.

I've been watching my yard closely for a few weeks to see any small sign of Spring. I have discovered new life coming into my plants and flowers sprouting out of the ground. I also had a good visit with David, my garden gnome. His name is David because I was having a hard time coming up with a name for him. My friend Jessica (also a gnome lover) suggested the name David. Since that's also my dad's name I thought it would be perfect. So, David keeps watch over my yard and he is also happy to see that spring is coming.

Daylilies

Crocus

David with my Tulips


Max is also ready for Spring. He is going crazy to get outside and play. Last week we went to the park by our house and spent over an hour there. Max especially loved going down the slides and then climbing back up. He's funny.








No comments:

Post a Comment