Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trying to be a good Mother-In-Law & Grandma!

I'm 26. In less than 3 weeks I will officially be a Mother-In-Law. In less than 10 weeks I will officially be a grandma. Holy cow. It's no secret that I've been having a hard time with this situation. I have my own feelings, experiences, and trauma with this kind of situation. It's been hard to see past all of it. But I have to. I really really have to. Because its not about me. Because its not my decision to make. Because its not directly my life. Because my job is to love and support. No. Matter. What. So that's what I'm doing. And I realized that this whole thing might be a lot easier for me if I would just surrender to it and make the best of it all. So I'm doing what any good Mother-In-Law would do and I'm taking time to get to know Maddie. I'm trying to let her know that I am here for them in my own little way... I'm taking her out to lunch today and then to do some shopping for stuff for Avery... you know, like any good Grandma would do. And I gave them Max's crib and changing table. And, I'm making the bedding for the crib. Trying to be a good grandma... My Grandma Long was an awesome grandma and she was always making me stuff so I figure I can make stuff for Avery and be the coolest 26 year old grandma you've ever seen. Besides, that is the best way that I show people I love them is by making them stuff. It's just what I do. I guess I get that from my grandma... Maybe Avery will get that from me? Wow. First time I've thought about it like that. I really hope that I can be the kind of Grandma and Mother-In-Law that will influence others like that. We'll ask Maddie and Avery in a few years how I'm doing. Hopefully I don't make too many mistakes. I'm new at this you know. :)

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing! still loving the quilt you made max. so beautiful. i admire you so much. they are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete