The other day I was going through some of my posts for the past year and I came across the one about New Year's last year. I talked about how 2009 was a tough year and that I hoped that 2010 would be better. Come to think of it, I've said that about the past 2 or 3 years. So, this year instead of saying "I hope that 2011 will be a really great year", I'm saying, Bring it on 2011! Give me all you got! I can take it. After the past few years I can definitely take it. Don't get me wrong, There have been many great moments and memories. Some of the best in my life in fact. But I have never been so stressed in my entire life... and I'm not a stressed out person in general. So maybe, just maybe, the universe will send me a little break if I tell it to give me all it's got. I think it's been trying to send me a message that I can't tell it what to do. Let's hope it works. I doubt it though. I have a lot coming up this year so if the universe isn't going to give me a break, just pray that I can get through everything with a little grace and my dignity. I guess that's all I can really ask for.
Here's what I am looking forward to in 2011 and I'm sure I'll have some surprises thrown in throughout the year too.
1. Tristyn is turning 18 in a couple weeks and will graduate in June. She is probably going to go to SUU in the fall. Another one of our kids is grown up. I can't believe it.
2. Kyle is getting married on February 5th. I can't believe that he is going to have a family of his own and that I am going to have a daugter-in-law. Sometimes I feel so old!
3. Kyle and Maddie will be welcoming their first child around March 25th. She will be the first grandchild on all sides of the family so there will be no shortage of spoiling and adoration for this little girl. Even though the idea of being a grandma does freak me out a little I can't wait to spoil her. Talk about feeling old sometimes!
4. Kassidy will turn 14 in June and start high school in August. Seriously! I know she will pass through it with flying colors... she is such a great girl and really has her head on straight. She is so mature for her age that even though part of me still believes she is still 6 there is another part of me that believes that she is a few years older than she is. Funny how that works.
5. This one already happened but it will take awhile for it to set in and seem real... Jakson turned 12 and was ordained a deacon on Sunday. I'm proud of the little man he is becoming and I pray every day that he will stand true to himself and what he believes. Life is so hard for kids these days and its hard to stand for what's right sometimes. I really hope that he will have the strength to do that.
There are a lot of other things with extended family that we also have to look forward to this year and I know that life will sneak up behind us with plenty of surprises too. This year is looking like it may be the busiest one yet but I am ready for it. So bring it on!
What are you looking forward to this year?