Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blessed

We blessed Georgia on Sunday. It was such a great day. I love the special day that we get to have with friends and family celebrating what a blessing it is to have Georgia in our family. There were so many people that came for the church meeting and a lot of them came over to our house afterwards for lunch. It was a nice relaxed day. Georgia was in a great mood, but then again, she almost always is.


I was going to make her dress but I was digging through the clearance rack at Target one day and found this little white tulle dress. The smallest size they had was 24 month but that turned out to be perfect with all of the alterations I made to it.


I cut off the white straps and took in the side seams a few inches. Then I added the pink straps and tulle cap sleeves, the ruffled pink waistline and the rosettes. And of course she needed a headband to match. It turned out just how I had pictured it in my head so that was a huge bonus. :)




Georgia met Great-Grandma McMillan. She is my grandma on my mom's side. It was nice to get a visit with her. We don't see our extended family often enough.




We got a photo of the four generations since we were all together. Georgia and me in the middle, my mom on the left and my grandma on the right.


It was the perfect day. At the end of the day I sat feeling blissful and content. I am so incredibly blessed to have the family and friends that I have and especially that I get to be sweet Georgia's mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment