Saturday, June 9, 2012

One Month

I can't believe Georgia is already through her first month. It has gone so fast. It has been a month of bliss. Seriously. My life feels so complete these days. We are still making adjustments and settling into a new routine but everything just seems to be perfect.

Georgia is doing great. She is such a happy baby. She loves to cuddle and be rocked, bounced or just have some kind of movement going on. She loves to go outside and go on walks. She hates being in her car seat unless she's in the car and it's moving. She eats really well and she sleeps really well. She typically only wakes up once a night.

Max is still completely excited about her. He tells everyone he sees about his new baby sister. He is always wanting to kiss and pet and hug her. He loves holding her and brushing her hair. He hates to hear her cry and is always so quick to let me know when she starts fussing. He wants to make sure she is happy all the time. He is happy to share his toys with her (we'll see how long that lasts) and he wishes that she could sleep with him in his bed. He calls her "sweetheart" and "princess" when he is talking to her.

The older kids all love her too. Tristyn and Kassidy especially can't get enough of her. Tristyn is living with us to work with Thayne for the summer so she gets a lot of "bonding time" with Georgia. They have a special sister bond thing going on and it makes me so happy to see it. One of the happiest things in my life is seeing how much Thayne's older kids love Max and Georgia. I'm so happy to see that my kids have older siblings who love them and will help protect them. I try to thank the older kids often for being so good to the little ones but I just don't think I'll ever really be able to express how grateful I am to them.

Over the past month we have discovered that Georgia has completed our family. She is the perfect fit.

1 comment:

  1. i am loving that chase has worked his way into our life now too. best feeling to be back into a groove. we are all healthy now so let's get together!

    ReplyDelete