Sunday, April 15, 2012

Anticipation

It's been forever since I blogged. So much has happened the past few months. I started a couple different posts but never finished them so I've been using Facebook as my only means of keeping everyone updated. I really want to be better about it but I can't really say that I will be in the next few months.

This baby's due date is now only 11 days away. Holy Cow! I completely expect it will come within a day or two of the due date but the anticipation is starting to get to me. I went to bed exhausted 2 hours ago but just laid there thinking about everything baby. Will it be a boy or a girl? I can't wait to see Max's first reaction to it. What will the birth be like? What will it look like? Do I really have everything I need or is there something I'm forgetting? How am I going to manage Max and all of his stubborn independence PLUS a newborn? And everything else that has anything at all to do with this baby.

Giving birth to Max was the most amazing experience of my life and I am so excited to be doing it again with a new little spirit. I had Max at the hospital... I'd wanted to have him at home but I just didn't know that much about home birth and a friend had referred me to a really great midwife who delivered at St. Marks. It was more incredible than I could have ever imagined but the one thing that would have made it better would've been to have him at home. I set out to make sure that this time around I would be able to have that. It just feels right to welcome our newest family member into the world in our home. It's so personal and home is where our big scattered family always comes together and reconnects so it seems completely natural that it's also where we should connect with this new baby. I had another friend refer me to a home-birth midwife. She is great and has a ton of experience and knows exactly the kind of experience we want this to be for our family. I am so excited to be doing this. It's been a really tough pregnancy but as I get closer and closer to the end I know that the past 8 months of nausea and exhaustion have been totally worth it. I feel this little spirit becoming stronger each day and I know that it is meant for our family. I promise to at least post photos of the new bundle of joy and I'll try to be better about regularly posting but I can't make any promises for the next couple months. Here's to our next big adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment