Friday, February 25, 2011

Sweet Baby Avery

Avery Michele Gregory was born on Wednesday, February 2nd at about 9:40 pm. She weighed 5 lbs 4oz and was 18 inches long. She surprised us all by coming a little more than 4 weeks early. But what an amazing little surprise. She is doing well for being early. They are keeping her in the NICU and have her hooked up to an IV. They don't want her to lose much weight because she is already so small. She is starting to get the hang of nursing. She also has a little bit of jaundice so they want to take care of that before they let her go home. She will probably have to stay for about a week. Kyle and Maddie are both happier than can be described, as well as all of the grandparents and the many other family members. There will be no shortage of adoration and spoiling for this sweet little girl.



The moment I held her my heart melted. I had forgotten how amazing and spiritual it is to be with a brand new baby. Every reservation, anxiety and fear that I'd had just disappeared. She put me at peace. She let me know that she is supposed to be apart of our family and this is all part of God's plan for us. I don't know why it took me so long to feel that peace but I'm so grateful that I have it now.


Now I can just concentrate on adoring this little girl and being the best Grandma ever. Just look at how sweet she is. I am so excited to start this new phase of life.

This was my first project of spoiling... I made all of the crib bedding. I took Maddie out o few months ago to buy the fabric. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. (btw, I just could not get this photo to rotate so just tilt your head a bit to get the idea)

The skirt is 2 layers so that it goes to the floor no matter where they have the mattress positioned.
I also crocheted a cute little hat for her... I will post that photo later when I'm actually able to take a photo of her wearing it because that's what really makes it cute. :)



1 comment: