Monday, November 1, 2010

Rejoining the work force

My house needs a new roof, windows and kitchen. If I did everything just how I wanted it we would end up spending about 30k for all of those things. Right now our budget just does not allow any of that so unless we want to be up to our eyeballs in debt I needed to find a job. Luckily, none of these things are urgent so a few weeks ago I started to casually look for a job. And I was really picky about what I wanted to apply for. I think I applied for 3 jobs in the past 3 weeks. I went on an interview for the first one and it was the strangest interview I've ever had so I wasn't surprised when I didn't hear back from them. I went on an interview this morning and I nailed it. I had a good feeling about it from the moment I applied. At the end of the interview they told me they would let me know what they decided by the end of the week. Then, about 2 hours later they called me and told me I had the job! I start next Wednesday. It's a part time job working in the office of an accounting firm. Only 18 hours a week but I don't want to work more than that.

I'm excited but I'm also a little anxious. It's been over 2 years since I quit my last job. Even now I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day so I wonder how in the world I'll be able to manage everything with a job on top. I know it will work out and there are plenty of moms out there who manage to take care of everything while working full time so I should be able to manage.... right??? Let's hope so. Here's to being on my way to my new kitchen! :)

1 comment: